No, the jump starter cannot charge and discharge at the same time.
The reasons why you can't charge and discharge at the same time
1) It is not safe, additionally shortening the lifespan of your jump starter.
Charging and discharging at the same time would generate too much current. This could cause the jump starter to overheat and even explode. Therefore, we don’t recommend you charge other devices when you are charging your jump starter.
2) It may shorten your battery circuit.
It may shorten your battery circuit due to the excess current generated. For the protection of the battery circuit, please do not try to charge and discharge at the same time.
3 tips on how to maximize your battery performance:
1) Charge your device to at least 80%, then use it to charge other devices.
2) Avoid deep over-discharge to prolong your battery lifespan and decelerate the battery degradation.
3) Avoid keeping it plugged into the wall outlet.
Our product has an over-charging protection, thus, it’s ok to keep the jump starter plugged into the wall outlet and always keep it charged, but we recommend that you stop doing so if you want to retain its higher battery lifespan because this will keep the battery at charging cycles.
Please sign in to leave a comment.